May 28, 2010

69. Festwochen

Vienna (which, by the way, was just ranked as the #1 place to live in the world) has festivals ALL summer long. Music, schnitzel, wine, pastries, and rides all over the city. This last week we went to Festwochen going on at Rathaus.

I thought this big W was advertising for the festival, but now the festival is over and the sign is still up. So, I don't know what it is for.

Looking up to this while rocking out to a band that you don't know and is singing in a language you don't understand is a recipe for an amazing evening.  The weather was perfect - despite the horrendous downpour a few hours earlier.  Vienna weather is CA-RAZY!!! 



Like any true festival there were rides and lots of unhealthy food.  I personally ate a hot dog with cheese in the middle (heart attack...I know) and one of those Langos things shown in the photo below.  They are seriously twelve inches in diameter and covered in garlic butter.  So good.  Don't worry Mom, I didn't eat it all by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment