May 18, 2010

64. Flutterbies

On Monday we went to the Imperial Butterfly House for photo class.


It was pretty warm so I had to wait for the fog to clear off my lens.  It reminded me of how my glasses fog up whenever I open the dishwasher.  I also I had to remove several jackets and a scarf so I could breathe (it was cold outside), and my hair I had blowdryed straight one hour earlier was no longer straight.


Once the fog cleared I could tell that the flowers were fake.  That was disappointing.  Well not all of them were fake, but a lot of them.  They have to keep the butterflies fed I guess.


I wandered around the greenhouse looking for colorful butterflies.


I found a few.


Those two in the last photo are the same butterfly species. I still think the camo aspect of the whole butterfly thing is one of the most impressive things in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment