May 16, 2010

63. Farbe

The only thing that unites my photos today is that they are all colorful (kinda-i might be pushing it).  

First photo: a street in Prague.  Yeah, a street, like what cars drive on.  Grass grows up through the cobblestones making the road look so much cuter than plain old asphalt.  


Second Photo: We found a mini flea market as we were wandering around.  All the booths had the cutest toys!  I had a hard time not taking everything home to my niece and nephews.  I took a picture of the pencil things because I think it would be a fun way to store school supplies in a kid's room (in the far distant future).


We also travelled to the Lennon wall on Saturday.  Under Soviet rule this wall was quite a political thing.  Every so often the graffiti and political messages would be painted over, resulting in a lot a lot of paint layers.  Now it is perfectly legal to graffiti the wall, so we all left a little note.


Considering that it is called the Lennon wall, we couldn't help but stage one of these:

Last photo: near the wall we found a fence with thousands of locks on it.  We found out that people that are in love come and place a lock on the fence and throw the key into the river behind it.  I thought it was kind of a cute idea.

2 comments:

  1. jenny...you are turning into quite the photographer!!! dang! looks like you are having a blast {surprise, surprise} i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to remember how I got here... that's the problem with blog stalking... it's kinda like a waking up in a boat after a crazy weekend and wondering, what the? How did I get here.

    I'm pretty sure I started on my friend Una's
    page and well, here we are.

    Longest. Intro. Ever.

    I think your pictures are fantastic. Really. And I thought your other blog was quite entertaining as well! Just thought I'd mosey on over and say hey.

    ReplyDelete