May 9, 2010

55. Naschtmarkt

In the first district, where we have school, there is this amazing street market.  It is easily the largest in Vienna, and everything looks so interesting there.  In photo class we walked over and tried to see what we could capture on film.  This day I decided that I could never be a photographer, I just don't have what it takes.  However, it was a fun assignment anyway.  The colors were amazing, and I had such a hard time not buying every pastry I saw.  The good news was I handled a few conversations auf Deutsch rather well.  That was exciting.

At the nicer end of the market there are several cafes.  Cafes are a big deal around here.  Like a really big deal.  I'm a fan of them myself.  In this photo I can see at least five different cafes.


This photo below is probably my favorite of the whole day.  I just love how vibrant those peppers look.  I want to eat them right now.


Und heir ist frische Erdbeer.


Like I said in the last post, I LOVE orchids, and they are ALL OVER this town.  There are flower shops all over, and the Viennese always take flowers home for the weekends.  They are all GORGEOUS, and pretty cheap.  I wish this flower thing would catch on in the states.  I think Holland or Denmark is the largest flower exporter in the world, which might explain why they can sell flowers cheaper here.  Anyway, I'm a a big fan.  Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a photo of the Orchids I was really happy with, but this one will have to do.


This was probably my second favorite photo of the day.  This barrel smelled TERRIBLE, especially since it was right next to a barrel of sauerkraut.  I honestly don't know why I like this photo so much.  I promise most of the food here looks a lot better than this.


Whew!  Five photos a day is a lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment