May 8, 2010

54. Familie

On Thursday Breanna and I traveled to meet our host family. We took a taxi (with a crazy angry but well dressed female cabbie) to our place in the 16th district. We picked up some flowers for our first meeting.


We got to our house and instantly loved it.  The garden, the front gate, the kids toys ALL over.  Es war sehr toll.  Our room is very Euro-Ikea, we love it.


Love orchids.  LOVE THEM.


And here is Jonathan, a little boy in our host family.  


This kid is the best German teacher I have ever had.  If I'm not close to fluent by the time this summer ends I will be very surprised.  He has so much energy and he answers all my questions all day.  So excited to be living with a family.  They are all so nice, and very patient with my German (they speak perfect English, of course).  Besides the two parents and Jonathan there is a year and a half year old boy, a old sweet dog, and a very cuddly cat.  They are all great (and mormon).  I have so many stories, and I've only slept here three nights.

2 comments:

  1. Do you get top or bottom bunk? Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm that is AWESOME! i'm so glad that you like your host family...that little boy is adorable. and your room?? super cute. bunk beds remind me of lake powell...those were the days :)

    love you cutie!

    ReplyDelete