June 29, 2010

The Details

I don’t even know where to begin with all of this. 

A note to all of you that are close to me: I really would love to call and tell you this news, but you see I am in Austria, and I don’t really have a phone.  There also is an 8 hour time difference that makes it very inconvenient for me to get a hold of you.  Please just know that my whole life I have had every intention of telling you these stories in person, but some things just don’t work out as planned.  I get back to the States on July 29 and I would love to talk then.  And I am not just saying that.

Ok.

I went to Italy.  For 10 days.  I’m in the process of getting photos up.  I have a lot.  They are all amazing pictures.  They will make you jealous.  I have the funniest and most beautiful friends.  But, you are going to have to wait…

The day after we returned from our 10 day vacation Jana told me we would be going to the Opera.  We had been discussing going an Opera at the Opera house for weeks, so I was prepped to go endure some German vibrato.  We weren’t going to standing room, we were going to actual seats, so we decided to get all dressed up.  The Opera didn’t start until 8, and we got out of class at 5, so we decided we would have cute dressed up photos together in the park before we went.  Everything sounded normal to me.  We take photos of EVERYTHING, so why not have a photo shoot in the park?

I was in a flighty mood, just enjoying the nice weather and strolling around Stadtpark.  We took a few group photos, a few single shots- just the normal things a group of photography students in a foreign city do.

“Jenny it’s your turn.” Krystle said to me after Kayla had taken photos by an aesthetic arch.

“Let me put on my lip gloss!” I said while rummaging through my backback.  Like I said, I was being rather flighty.  I started fixing my hair and adjusting my dress.  Then this happened:


Best surprise ever.  Seriously.  It was amazing.  There were several reasons I was BEYOND shocked to see Kyle in Stadtpark that day.

1. Kyle had mentioned coming to Vienna, but I told him to just save money and we would come back together later.  BUT all during the Italy trip I had been complaining to the girls that I just wanted Kyle to just get the guts to fly out and visit me.  You know, the entire no means yes thing.  So glad he got the message.

2. I had been receiving e-mails all day from Kyle: him talking about what a terrible day he had at work, how tired he was, etc.  I have made the flight from the States to Vienna and it is TERRIBLE.  How did he make it around the world without me knowing?!?!

3. EVERYONE in my study abroad group had known about the surprise for weeks.  Breanna, my roommate, had known for even longer.  No one let on AT ALL.  There is no way I could have held in a secret like that.  These people are AMAZING!  (thanks guys)

4. I was CONVINCED we were going to an Opera that night.  Genius cover.  I was really set pretending to enjoy myself at that thing.  SOOO glad I got to go on a date with Mr. Smith instead.  So glad.  

I told you my life is awesome.

If you are wondering if we are getting married, we are.  I’ll tell about the proposal later.

To my family: I’m sorry that I haven’t given you details until now.  It was just hard to sit down at a computer to write all this down when I had to show Kyle the city in just a few days.  You can ask questions now.

20 comments:

  1. heyyyyyyyyyyyyy the video doesn't work!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNEW iT!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ahhhhh. i don't even know where to begin. i am beyond thrilled for you. kyle is awesome. you are awesome. i am so happy for you two.

    how romantic! we must get together when you get back. i need all the details!

    LOVE YOU GIRLIE!

    oh, and the video didn't work for me either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I've watched that video almost as many times as you. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for fixing the video. What a sweet guy. I think you need to have Kyle and one of your study abroad friends do a guest post with their perspectives on pulling the whole thing off. Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok i just watched the video and i almost cried. i love your guts and {again} am so happy for you!

    COME BACK TO PROVO! :)

    and that old man walking through all innocently?? haha. that is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Jenny!! Ha, ha! I love the video (can't wait to watch it again when I'm not at work). Looking forward to the wedding!

    Love,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  7. PLEASE call me as soon as you can...and hopefully I can talk since I can barely breathe. I am loving your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow amazing! Congratulations Jenny! I'm so happy for you. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. my. gosh. My heart literally melted when i saw that video! It was just about the cutest thing i have ever seen in my life. Jenny you are the luckiest girl on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Love the old man. I almost cried. CONGRATULATIONS, Jenny! I'm soooo happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHH!!! This is like the cutest thing ever! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for you! So so so so so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is the most amazing thing i have ever seen. if i can meet a man who is willing to come even half as far as kyle has for you i will be a happy woman. jenny i am so happy for you! your life is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. jenny congratulations! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like we're going to have to go to dinner when you get home so I can hear all about this : ) congratulations to both of you! love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy Keller BennettJuly 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM

    Jenny, I haven't talked to you in forever, but I just want to say congrats!!! I am so happy for you. That video is absolutely amazing! Best wishes and I can't wait to hear about the proposal :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha! congrats to you too! awesome video. do you know when??

    ReplyDelete
  19. MY HEART JUST DROPPED OUT OF MY CHEST!! I never took the time to watch it while you were here... I don't know why ever not - it is SO cute!! Holy heck girl!! I wanted to cry!! Were you crying?! I loved the dead silence (except for 100 clicks of the 100 camera). Jenny. SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I'm going to watch it YET AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete