June 24, 2010

80. Philharmonic

Want to know how to get your city the title of, "The Culture Capital of the World"?  Have your philharmonic orchestra give free concerts in front of a palace complete with a light show and fireworks.  It's that easy.  I promise everyone will go.  All of Vienna went to this one, including me.  I loved it.


We sat up on the lawn so we could picnic and sit on blankets.  It made me feel like it was finally summertime.  Wonderful weather, lots of people, and A LOT of food.

We couldn't hear the music THAT well, but it was still really fun.  One of the biggest reasons I love Vienna is that there is free stuff like this all the time.  There is another free concert this weekend (except it is Billy Idol and not the Vienna Philharmonic) and we will definitely be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment