June 24, 2010

82. Gutsy

We found a Kebab place in Ottakring and decided to check it out (I'll probably dedicate a whole post to Kebabs soon).  We had talked about asking people if we could photograph them, so I asked the young girl that worked there.  I didn't really want her to look at the camera, but I had to ask her before, so then she posed.


Kebab stands are always little family joints, usually run by Turkish families.  In this family, the mom and daughter ran everything while the brothers watched the World Cup outside.


Sorry this is kind of a lame post, but it was a big day for me, asking for a picture and everything.  

Later in the day I made the biggest photography mistake of my life.  We were walking down the the U-Bahn and we passed an ice cream shop.  On the front step, four little tiny kids sat stripped down to there underwear eating gelatos of all different flavors.  It was PICTURE PERFECT, and I just kept walking instead of asking the parents if I could take a couple pictures.  I'm still so mad about it.  I'm new at this whole travel photography thing I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment